Half-term peace of mind
If you're going away over half term, don't forget about keeping your house 🏠 secure. Leaving post sticking out of the letter box, or a parcel on the doorstep is a sure sign that no one is there. Here are a few tips to help keep your home safe while you're away:
- set light timers 💡 to come on/off, ideally at different times each day.
- ask a neighbour to remove post/parcels from the door.
- leave your curtains/blinds open - having them closed during the day is unusual and can be a tell-tale sign that you’re not in. Or ideally ask a friend or neighbour to open and close them regularly.
- let your neighbours know that you’re going away so they can keep an eye on your house, and if possible park a car in the drive.
- cancel newspapers & milk deliveries.
And finally don’t be tempted to broadcast the fact that you’re going away on social media, (as well as be careful about posting pictures while you’re away).
Alternatively, you could ask RCLM to keep an eye on your home for you... we can even turn on the heating and stock up the fridge for your return 😀!